White Collar Criminal Investigations in Maryland
At KaiserDillon PLLC we are committed to defending the rights of individuals involved in white collar criminal investigations in Maryland. We provide comprehensive representation before charges are filed to help our clients protect their rights and continue with the daily lives.
At KaiserDillon PLLC we represent clients in Maryland under investigation for a number of white collar crimes including:
* Bankruptcy Fraud – Investigation of bankruptcy fraud in Maryland often starts where there is suspicion of inaccurate statements made during the bankruptcy filing or hearings and attempts to bribe the bankruptcy trustee.
* Commodities Trading Offenses – White collar criminal investigations in Maryland often relate to commodities trading offenses.
* Conspiracy Crimes – Involve planning to commit a crime with the assistance of one or more people.
* Embezzlement – In Maryland you may be investigated for embezzlement if you are suspected of illegally retaining the personal property of another person after they entrusted you with it.
* Export Control Crimes – Involve the violation of US export control laws including shipping items without the proper permits, shipping illegal items or shipping to prohibited countries.
* Health Care Fraud – Investigations relating to the white collar crime of healthcare fraud often involve allegations of illegal activity relating to billing for medical services, patient referrals or patient treatment.
* Immigration Fraud – Immigration fraud often involves inaccurate statements relating to the immigration status or application of an individual, or the relationship between two people for the purpose of an immigration application. It may also involve the investigation of employers in Maryland for intentionally hiring illegal immigrants for the purpose of avoiding taxes.
* Internet Crimes – The use of the internet for illegal activity including the creation of viruses and the use of personal information can result in a white collar criminal investigation in Maryland.
* Tax Crimes – White collar criminal investigations in Maryland often involve individuals suspected of tax evasion, failing to file a tax return or filing a false tax return.
At KaiserDillon PLLC we look at each type of white collar criminal investigation as an opportunity to clarify a misunderstanding between our client and the government. Each case is individually evaluated and we will work with you to help you decide the appropriate way to handle a white collar criminal investigation in Maryland. Of course our goal is to stop the investigation in its tracks, if that isn’t possible we will work with you to mount the most effective defense possible after charges are filed.
We understand that white collar crimes can carry some very serious consequences including the loss of your career, home, family and freedom. We will work with you to try and minimize these consequences and allow you to move forward with your life. At KaiserDillon PLLC we offer no obligation consultations to our clients facing white collar criminal investigations in Maryland.
Please call us at (202) 640-2850 to discuss the specifics of your case and determine the best course of action.