Washington DC White-Collar Criminal Investigations
In recent years, we have seen a significant increase in white collar criminal investigations in Washington DC and across the United States. One reason for this increase is that state and federal governments have taken a long, hard look at what has contributed to our current economic situation and are attempting to avoid future disaster by increasing enforcement of criminal statutes. We at KaiserDillon PLLC are deeply skeptical of the idea that macroeconomic trends are caused by white collar crime, but the folks in Congress disagree with us about that.
Regardless, federal investigation and prosecution of white collar crimes is a reality. At KaiserDillon PLLC, we have represented people facing charges of:
* Bankruptcy Fraud –inaccurate statements made during the initial bankruptcy filing, or at bankruptcy hearings, or, as often, attempts to hide assets from the bankruptcy process.
* Commodities Trading Offenses - illegal trades of commodities, futures and swaps.
* Conspiracy Crimes – planning to commit a crime with the assistance of one or more people.
* Embezzlement – the illegal retention of the personal property of another person after you have been entrusted with it.
* Export Control Crimes – violation of US export control laws.
* Health Care Fraud – illegal activity relating to billing for medical services, patient referrals or patient treatment.
* Immigration Fraud – inaccurate statements relating to the immigration status or application of an individual, or the relationship between two people for the purpose of immigration.
* Internet Crimes – use of the internet for illegal activity including the creation of viruses and the use of personal information.
* Tax Crimes – tax evasion, failing to file a tax return or filing a false tax return.
Each of these crimes involves a number of complex legal questions and requires the experience of a knowledgeable and talented Washington DC while collar criminal defense attorney to help you decide what steps to take and how to respond to an investigation. Our approach in these cases is to study the law as it applies to the case, learn the facts as completely as we can, investigate every viable defense that we can, and then try to learn the best course of action for our client. At KaiserDillon PLLC we represent individuals from all walks of life who have been charged with or are being investigated for white collar crimes in Washington DC.
White collar crimes can carry some very serious penalties from fines and fees, to the loss of your career, home and freedom. Because the impact of a conviction can be devastating, we encourage you to contact an attorney who has experience defending white collar criminal cases in Washington DC as soon as you suspect you are involved in an investigation.
At KaiserDillon PLLC we offer consultations to any clients facing investigations of or criminal charges relating to white collar crime in Washington DC and encourage you to contact us at (202) 640-2850 as soon as possible.