Washington DC Criminal Investigations of Government Contractors
Working with the federal government as a contractor can be a wonderful experience. Unfortunately for many of our clients, the continued concern about federal spending and the national deficit has led to increased oversight of government contractors. Often this oversight takes the form of an Inspector General investigation, and the prospect of criminal charges.
At KaiserDillon PLLC understand the how frustrating the increased scrutiny can be. We know that a government investigation can stop your work and affect your livelihood. At KaiserDillon PLLC we a committed to helping you continue to work and as a result, we provide comprehensive representation to government contractors in Washington DC who are under investigation.
Law Enforcement Investigations of Government Contractors
While each case is unique, many government contractors in Washington DC find themselves under investigation for a number of reasons including allegations of:
* Fraud: Fraud allegations in government contractor investigations often arise where there is concern about the qualifications of the contractor to do the job in question. Investigations may involve confirming education, professional licenses and experience.
* Bribery: Bribery allegations arise in government contract investigations in Washington DC when someone is suspected of paying a government official in order to be selected for a project or contract.
* Waste: Waste has become an increasing concern for the federal government with respect to work performed by governmental agencies and outside contractors. Allegations of wasteful spending on a number of programs played a prominent point in the last two presidential elections and there has been an increased focus on the elimination of wasteful spending across the board.
* Abuse: A government contractor can find himself under investigation in Washington DC for abuse if he is suspected of using his power within the community to obtain a government contract.
* Conflict of Interest: Federal employees have very strict conflict of interest rules. It isn’t unheard of for contractors to be charged when there is an investigation of a federal employee for violating one of these laws.
At KaiserDillon PLLC we know that an investigation of a government contractor can have very serious consequences. The investigation may affect your ability to earning a living and continue to work with local, state or federal government agencies. Your contract may be subject to cancelation, your licenses revoked and you may not be able to work with any government agency in the future. Worst, a government contractor may face criminal charges.
Because of these serious consequences, we recommend working with an experienced, knowledgeable attorney as soon as you are aware that you are part of a government investigation.
Working With Prohibited Countries
At KaiserDillon PLLC we also understand that many government contractors in Washington DC find themselves under investigation for working with companies who may or may not be on the US government’s list of prohibited countries or organizations.
For government contractors who are suspected of doing business with prohibited countries the consequences can be devastating. The federal government may void all of the contracts it has with you, may freeze your assets and prohibit you from doing business with anyone until the investigation has been resolved. At KaiserDillon PLLC we work with government contractors in Washington DC who are being investigated for a number of different issues and will work with you to minimize the impact the investigation has on your business, your life and the lives of your employees.
If you suspect you are under investigation by the federal government for your work as a government contractor in Washington DC, it is never too early to contact the experienced attorneys at KaiserDillon PLLC.
We are available at (202) 640-2850 to discuss your case.